Saturday, May 07, 2005

Nortek,info Podcast Test Show #2

Well I finally got around to the second podcast test. It took several starts and a lot of butterflies. Why I don't know because its not like I'm on live radio or something. Anyway, download the podcast and let me know what you think. I could use some constructive critisim in the technical sense of the podcast, audio levels, how I sounded infront of the mic, what ever. I know the content is kind of lame, but I'm going tohave to just work on that on a "on the job" type of thing.

But I prommised some show notes and here they are (it is?). All I had was the one tip on Extended Security for File Sharing that I got from TechRepublic.com.

Extend security options beyond Simple File Sharing

Simple File Sharing is helpful to inexperienced users, but many advanced users find it too limiting. In fact, you can take advantage of more flexible editors if you disable Simple File Sharing.
Right-click on a file or folder, choose Properties, and select the Security tab. Here are some features available on the Security tab that aren't available with Simple File Sharing:
• Assign individual permissions, such as Read, Write, Modify, and Full Control for every user and/or group.
• See fine-grained permissions for each file.
• Change the permissions on all child objects and prevent the inheritance of permissions from the parent.
• Enable auditing and thus track information, including what's happening with the files and who's changing them.
• Display effective permissions for a user and/or group on each file and/or folder.
• Display and change ownership of files and folders.
In addition, you'll find the following options on the Sharing tab:
• Provide a comment for the share.
• Specify the maximum number of users that are allowed to access the share at the same time.
• Set individual permissions for each user and/or group.
• Configure caching settings for clients using the shared folder from the network.

Oh yeah, I wanted to mention that the theme music for the show is courtesy of Troy Harmer. You can find more of his stuff at Garageband.com. Thanks Troy for the great music.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.