Saturday, November 12, 2005

Norbtek.info Podcast Show #009 - Home Automation Follow Up

OK, So I said Saturday, November 13 instead of the 12th. Who cares...

This is my Home Automation follow up podcast. In this show I go over some gadgets that you can put into your Home Automation System and do some really cool things. Well, at least some of them. The others are just really cool gadgets. Here are the links to the items:

The Russound iPod friendly multi room sound and entertainment system

Cell phone signal extender by Wireless Extenders - $300

Pocket Dish video Recorder & Player from Dish Networks - $500
or http://www.archos.com/products/av_700/

Clock Radio/Wi-Fi enabled MP3 player - $350 before Nov 30 $400 after

Proliphix Network compatible IP Thermostat - Starting at $260

Central Home Automation Director (CHAD) - About $400 annually for the hardware and service

Centralite – Starlite Lighting Control System - $3000 + installation

LG Remote Laundry Monitoring - $1,349 for the washer, $949 for the dryer, and an additional $99 green for the remote monitoring kit

Sereniti NOW! – Home Networking for Non-techies - $200 annually or $10 a month


Hey, check it out! I’m on the Typical PC User Podcast; I do a segment on the ReplayTV 5000 for Victor Cajiao. Go to http://typicalpcuser.biz/tpcu/ it’s show #68


On my next show my wife suggested that I should cover some Kitchen Tech for the upcoming Holidays, so stay tuned for some really cool stuff.

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.